E-Way Bill is an Electronic Way bill for movement of goods to be generated on the e-way Bill Portal. A GST registered person cannot transport goods in a vehicle whose value exceeds Rs. 50,000 (Including GST amt) without an e-way bill.
Purpose of E-Way Bill:-
The main purpose of E-way bill is to track the movement of goods and reduce tax evasion by the public.
Who should generate E-Way Bill :-
- Registered Person – Eway bill must be generated when there is a movement of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value to or from a Registered Person. A Registered person or the transporter may choose to generate and carry eway bill even if the value of goods is less than Rs 50,000.
- Unregistered Persons – Unregistered persons are also required to generate e-Way Bill. However, where a supply is made by an unregistered person to a registered person, the receiver will have to ensure all the compliances are met as if they were the supplier.
- Transporter – Transporters carrying goods by road, air, rail, etc. also need to generate e-Way Bill if the supplier has not generated an e-Way Bill
Cases where E-way bill is not required.
- All Exempt goods from GST
- When the value of goods is less then Rs.50000/-
Information asked in E-Way Bill
- GSTN of sender of goods.
- GSTN of receiver of goods.
- Value of goods.
- Address of receiver in case receiver is unregistered.
- Details of Transporter and vehicle registration No.